Listen to Episode 20 (mp3, ~55 minutes)
Rachel, Jason, and Anna are ecstatic to have guest, Mary MacDonald, Associate Professor and Head of Instructional Services and Information Literacy Librarian at the University of Rhode Island.
- University of Rhode Island's Plan for Information Literacy
- URI 101: Traditions and Transformations -- Library Experience Session (LibGuide), used in conjunction with the Cephalonian Method
- Innovative library induction: Introducing the 'Cephalonian Method'
- LIB 120: Introduction to Information Literacy at URI
- Burkhardt, J. M., MacDonald, M. C., & Rathemacher, A. J. (2010). Teaching information literacy: 50 standards-based exercises for college students. Chicago: American Library Association.
- Association of College and Research Libraries Instruction Section. Analysis of instructional environments. American Library Association (Last accessed: 2010 November 23);
- Bain, K. (2004). What the best college teachers do. Cambridge, Mass: Harvard University Press;
- Grassian, E. S., & Kaplowitz, J. R. (2001). Information literacy instruction: Theory and practice. Information literacy sourcebooks. New York: Neal-Schuman;
- Proceedings from LOEX Conference;
- List-Handley, C. J. (2008). Information literacy & technology. Dubuque, Iowa: Kendall/Hunt (and all her earlier works!!!); and
- Check out resources reviewed by ACRL Instruction Section's Teaching Methods Committee.