Lynda Kellam, Data Services and Government Information Librarian at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro’s University Libraries, joins Rachel, Jason, and Anna to discuss data, data literacy, and instruction. Kellam recently published, Numeric data services and sources for the general reference librarian, which includes a chapter about incorporating statistics and numeric data sources into instruction sessions. Kellam blogs about data sources at http://uncgdataland.blogspot.
- Kellam, L. M., & Peter, K. (2011). Numeric data services and sources for the general reference librarian. Oxford: Chandos Publishing.
- A handful of data sources:
- American Community Survey
- Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR)
- The Association of Religion Data Archive (ARDA)
- Cultural Policy and the Arts National Archive (CPANDA)
- American National Election Studies (ANES)
- Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development (OECD)
- World Development Indicators
- Integrated Public Use Microdata Series (IPUMS)
- Statistical Software
- Professional Organizations
- International Association for Social Science Information Services & Technology (IASSIST)
- Numeric and Geospatial Data Services in Academic Libraries Interest Group (via ACRL)
- Junk Charts